Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Spring is in the air, Come Visit Sweden!

Well its the video for which my blog is name: A wonderful and inspiring tribute to Scandinavia the people and culture, the city and natural surroundings living in harmony. Most everything you can expect to physically see is in this video however its lacking in one major component, that is to say there is no one talking and you do not really get to learn about the people you see in these videos. That is something I would suggest you come here to see for yourself...its definitely worth your while and while your here, look me up, im just around the corner.

But for now, all I can say is that time flies by so quickly here...from one event to another, from one week to the next...I for one can not believe that I have gone through three seasons here already...arriving in late summer, I experienced the fall and winter here in the Capital of Scandinavia....

Winter this year was especially mild which is quite nice, as I neglected to pack any winter clothing! In previous years the channels that line the Skärgård (archipelago) freeze over and one is able to skate to the nearby islands. The result of global warming it seems is that this will be happening much and much less frequently in this part of the world. However with the mild winter comes other advantages including an early spring....this last weekend in February I saw my first signs that spring was around the corner with the blooming of Swedish flowers in several of the gardens throughout the city. The air is crisp and the sun is finally making an appearance, it seems that this will be a Summer to remember here in Sverige.




No comments:

Post a Comment